Thursday 5 November 2020

on writing 1

1 .Writers write from a sense of loss Andre Gide 2. No writer can be a joiner.He must preserve his independence at all costs.J.B.Priestley. 3.A writer knows more than he knows Nadine Gor dimer 4 This whole book is a draft_nay but the draft of the draft . Isaac Singer 5 .I hate everything that does not relate to literature . Conversations bore me.. to visit people bores me ,the sorrows and joys of my relatives bore me to my soul .Franz Kafka 6 George Orwell said that like all writers he was driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand. 7.Writers are supposed to make you laugh and cry.That's what mankind is looking for Saul Bellow. 8 I think like a genius write like an accomplished author and talk like a child... Vladimir Nabakov 9.The creator is nothing the work is everything.Gustave Flaubert 10 Last week I spent five days writing one page. Gustave Flaubert 11.Every great novelist listens for that super personal wisdom,which explains why great novels are always a little more intelligent than their authors.Novelists who are more intelligent than their works should change their profession.Milan Kundra 12 I write 50 pages until I hear a foetal heartbeat. Henry Miller 13.If you are a writer by definition it seems to me you are neurotic.And the whole writing business is some way of coming to terms with it. Dorris Lessing 14.Originality is nothing but judicial plagiarism Voltaire 15.Writing is always creating order from disorder.Order is something that needs disorder to take form .The only order one can trust is the order of the mind,internal order.And nothing is more disordered than a human mind.Italio Calvino. 16.Writing is a form of therapy, sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write ,compose,or paint can manage to escape the madness,the melancholia,the panic and fear which is inherent in the human situation.Graham Greene.{ Picture of Henry Miller} ----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

உலக சினிமா- சார்லி சாப்ளின் லைம் லைட்

குமுதம் தீராநதி ஜூலை 2016 இதழில் வெளியான எனது உலக சினிமா கட்டுரை உலக சினிமா LIMELIGHT- கால வெளியில் சிறகடிக்கும் கலைஞன் இயக்குன...